The last spring break of educational institutes brought me and my two decade-club best friends (all of us have been friends for over a decade, so uh, they are pretty much the oldest friends I have!) to Asheville, NC. Which is basically like the Portland of the south hahaha. So now with 16 eateries, 1 scenic mountain hike, 3 breweries, and countless laughs later, I can say that I am pretty content.
5 of the Creepiest Sites You’ll Visit Today
1. Neave.tv - The page is titled “Television Without Context” and features a constant loop of videos ranging from bizarre security camera scenes to voiced-over cartoons.
2. Sentimental Corp - The homepage alone will leave you wondering if you should go further. If you want to be confused and slightly disturbed, then the answer is yes. The gif-like icons at the top of the page redirect viewers to pages such as “Goat Worship”, which features a 30+ minute video of a demonic Ronald McDonald.
3. MarbleHornets - An introduction video plays automatically, explaining the story of a young filmmaker named Alex. Alex was working on a project when he suddenly dropped it and requested that the types be burned. He later disappeared. The channel owner posts various video entries that were left behind by Alex.
4. The Dionaea House - The site’s owner, Eric, has posted the lengthy, super creepy email correspondences between himself and a friend (Mark) who receives word that their old friend Andrew was involved in a murder-suicide. Mark timelines his investigation of their hometown and the house that he believes drove Andrew insane. (I highly recommend reading these.)
5. Magibon Project - You can see this one for yourselves.
For more sites: [x]
So waking up at 5 am to open eastside and THIS IS WHAT I END UP DOING. I must finish the Dionaea House!
HAHAHA. I feel like this is me at my job all the time. Here’s to you, all you handsome caffeine drinking men.
"Oh, if ever I get to heaven, it will be because God will, and nothing else; for I never did any thing of myself, but get away from God!"
Since I’ve started my senior year of college, Christine and I realized that we were living it BIG. Here and now, this time under our parents and in university and having constant financial security is the MOST comfortable we will EVER be. And I am still going to stand by those words just because I DON’T know my future and I sure know that those odds are pretty likely for Christine cause the mission life is more destitute than glamorous.
This has only produced more gratitude in the things I DO own, the things I enjoy, the things I see as a commodity. Why the Lord has chosen to bestow such material comforts to someone who squanders all of it is a mystery to me, but at the same time, I find it comforting that He pushes me into a thankful heart. That is humbled. That is gracious.
And it’s through showing me preemptively, possible idols in my life (goodbye fantastical dreams of becoming a wine connoisseur, not that I would actually try to achieve that, but that hobby is kind of expensive anyways), that even the silly fun commodities like wine tastings and photos of really awesome dream rooms go completely under my radar on things that I don’t think twice about in assessing just how rich I am. And I say this from a poor person college student.
In the next few weeks/months, I get to enjoy some really awesome adventures. I’m going backpacking next weekend to some canyons and then in March I’m taking a spring break trip to the mountains with some of the best friends I don’t deserve and then later that month, vertical caving! Then in May, possible camping in the Grand Canyons. Gosh these things seem like not-adventures because I dream too big sometimes and I think about globe trekking, but really, man praise the Lord! I get to meet new people, see His creations (and glorify Him when I do), and laugh and love with my closest friends. These things are awesome and I don’t deserve them, but yet my heart is still so hesitant to give praise to Him just cause I know the idolatry my heart partakes in with the good things He gives me. Spurgeon hit it on the nail, the heart is the most massive idol factory of all.
(Source: silencegiudesourminds, via fractalbynature)
My dad at 21-25 and my mom at 20!
AIN’T THEY GORGEOUS.
"Do not love the world or the things that belong to the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in him. For everything that belongs to the world- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride in one’s lifestyle- is not from the Father, but is from the world. And the world with its lust is passing away, but the one who does God’s will remains forever."
1 John 2:15-17
Easily this week has been strenuous in the sense that the Lord has revealed to my sinful heart the impatience I exhibit, the utter inability I have to love those closest to me, the pride that puffs my arrogance so that I trust in my own understanding and knowledge. I desire to sin against Him and have such a weak will to do His will. I am only further convinced that Christ is the true light, the true living Word, and to live each passing day without His council is truly the path to destruction. Even if I were to live every day of my life, ignorant of His Glory, void of worship, hateful of His mercy, nothing would change that He alone is Holy.
Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord.
thoughts on Christian “Dating”.
this is in response to a LOT of scenarios i’ve happened to witness firsthand from some people in my personal life recently and so i’d like to just say a couple of things.